Tate misplaced his attraction towards a choose’s Januarty 20 determination to increase his arrest a second time for 30 days, mentioned Ramona Bolla, a spokesperson for Romania’s anti-organised crime company DIICOT.
Tate, 36, a British-US citizen who has almost 5 million followers on Twitter, arrived on the Bucharest Courtroom of Attraction handcuffed to his brother Tristan, who’s held in the identical case together with two Romanian ladies. Not one of the 4 have but been formally charged.
The courtroom rejected their appeals and all will stay in custody till February 27 as prosecutors proceed investigating the case. They beforehand misplaced an attraction towards an earlier 30-day extension.
A doc seen by The Related Press explaining the January 20 determination mentioned the choose took under consideration the “particular dangerousness of the defendants” and their capability to determine victims “with an increased vulnerability, in search of better life opportunities.”
Tina Glandian, an American lawyer who has beforehand represented celebrities together with singer Chris Brown and former heavyweight boxer Mike Tyson, joined the Tates’ authorized defence crew on Wednesday to work alongside them.
“The defence team made extensive legal arguments pointing out the lack of evidence against the Tate brothers,” she informed a information convention earlier than the ruling.
“It’s no secret that the Tate brothers are controversial public personas, but this is not about their public persona … this is about the violation of international human rights and the due process of law.
“Thus far the system has failed. The Tate brothers, who’re each US residents, have been in jail for over 30 days now with out bail and with none expenses filed towards them.”
As the Tates left the court after Wednesday’s morning hearing, Andrew Tate said: “Ask them for proof they usually offers you none, as a result of it would not exist. You may discover out the reality of this case quickly.”
Tate, who has reportedly lived in Romania since 2017, was previously banned from various prominent social media platforms for expressing misogynistic views and hate speech. He has claimed there is “zero proof” against him in the case and alleged it is instead a “political” attack to silence him.
“My case will not be prison, it is political. It is not about justice or equity. It is about attacking my affect on the world,” read a post that appeared on his Twitter account on Sunday.
His Twitter following has increased by several hundred thousand since he was first arrested in December. An online petition launched in January to free the brothers has garnered nearly 100,000 signatures.
After the Tates and the two women were arrested, the DIICOT anti-organised crime agency said in a statement that it had identified six victims in the human trafficking case who were subjected to “acts of bodily violence and psychological coercion” and were sexually exploited by members of the alleged crime group.
The agency said victims were lured with pretenses of love, and later intimidated, placed under surveillance and subjected to other control tactics while being coerced into engaging in pornographic acts for substantial financial gain.
Prosecutors have said that if they can prove the cars’ owners gained money through illicit activities such as human trafficking, the assets would be used to cover the expenses of the investigation and to compensate victims. Tate also unsuccessfully appealed the asset seizure.