Follow worldnews365 on F6S

Ministry ‘upset’ as wrestlers raise doubts over probe panel | More sports News read full article at worldnews365.me











NEW DELHI: A day after the federal government named a high-level probe panel to look into the allegations of wrestlers in opposition to the Wrestling Federation of India and its chief Brij Bhushan Sharan Singh, the protesting grapplers launched a contemporary offensive on Tuesday by expressing dismay over the structure of the oversight committee and claimed it was shaped with out holding consultations with them.
The most recent signal of dissent by the wrestlers has left the sports activities ministry upset. Sources within the ministry claimed that three names for the panel had been prompt by the wrestlers themselves in the course of the first spherical of debate with sports activities minister Anurag Thakur on Thursday night time.

‘Three names for panel had been prompt by wrestlers themselves’
The names of committee chairperson MC Mary Kom, SAI’s former government director (groups) Radhica Sreeman and ex-CEO Goal Olympic Podium Scheme (TOPS), Cdr Rajesh Rajagopalan (Retd) had been prompt by Bajrang Punia, Vinesh Phogat and Sakshi Malik throughout their assembly with the minister on Thursday. As demanded by them, we duly included the names of those three people within the committee,” mentioned a supply. TOI tried reaching out to Bajrang and Sakshi for his or her feedback however calls to them went unanswered.
It has been realized that the wrestlers weren’t pleased with the selection of former wrestler Yogeshwar Dutt, who has been named within the five-member committee together with former badminton participant, Trupti Murgunde. Vinesh had, on the second day of protest, said that “Dutt was sitting within the lap of the WFI president” after she was told that he had posted videos backing Singh.
Earlier in the day, the wrestlers alleged that the oversight committee was constituted without consulting them. Vinesh, Bajrang, Sakshi and Sarita Mor all posted identical tweets.
“We had been assured that we’ll be consulted earlier than the formation of the oversight committee,” the wrestlers tweeted, tagging Prime Minister Narendra Modi, residence minister Amit Shah and Thakur.

Vinesh also posted two separate tweets, which read, “Fact will be troubled however can’t be defeated” and “If the intention is massive then maintain your spirits excessive”.

It’s been learned that the oversight committee held a virtual meeting on Tuesday and the first item on the agenda was to ensure the participation of the country’s wrestlers at the Zagreb Open Ranking Series tournament from February 1 to 5.
TOI is also in possession of a letter written by the United World Wrestling, the sport’s global governing body, extending its support to the oversight committee in ensuring the smooth participation of Indian wrestlers in international competitions.
“UWW stays at disposal to help this committee close to the situations and the administration of entries in worldwide competitions,” said the letter signed by UWW president Nenad Lalovic.

#indianews #indiannews




About SABI HUSSAIN

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *